Search This Blog

Monday, March 14, 2011

Not Laboring...

I gave birth to my son two days after my due date.  My due date for baby #2 is tomorrow.  I did not think there was a chance I'd still be pregnant at this point, but there you have it.  My babies like to bake fully I suppose.

The point of this entry is to inform other expecting mothers to be skeptical of any natural inducing methods you might hear or read about.  I've tried everything except ingesting anything outside of normal nutrition and I have not experienced any sort of effect.

I have no plan to be induced, nor do I want any other interventions like having my membranes stripped or anything like that.  I plan to let the baby come when she's ready.  That said, I'm ready, where is she?!?

I've tried spicy food.  Activity wise, sex has had little to no effect.  I've tried stimulating some pressure points I read about, and that didn't bring on one single contraction.  I am walking every day about 30 minutes.  I just read an article saying I should probably do more.  I did however add curb walking to the routine.  I can say today I feel like the baby might be lower, but is that from the walking or just because that's the natural progression of things?  Who can tell.  I'm also following advice I heard from my sister in-law to rock in a rocking chair.  I feel like I have to keep something up or else it's like I'm not trying hard enough to have this baby, but I've all but lost faith that we really have much impact on when labor starts.  I think it's up to this kid.  Hopefully she wants to meet the world soon, cause we sure want to meet her!

No comments:

Post a Comment