Search This Blog

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Off to bed... Continued!

Just a quick update on the sleeping habits of our infant.  I'd mentioned our routine in my previous post and how it can include multiple attempts before the baby goes down for good.  This used to involve a rotation between my husband and I to share the workload.  As of today, this is the fourth night in a row where she has refused to let my husband put her to bed.  She won't let him be the first one to try.  She just starts crying and yelling at him until I pick her up and she instantly calms.  Tonight, she wouldn't let him be the second person to try either.  She dozed off for a few minutes, just to wake up crying.  When he picked her up it escalated to the same yelling episode she just had moments earlier.  Well tonight took three attempts to get her down.  That third one I didn't even bother asking for help.  It may sound harsh but with our son I used to look forward to the evenings when my husband would put him to bed.  It took that moment when I finally felt like I could relax and unwind and pulled it in just a few more moments earlier in the evening.  Now I realize with our daughter it'll really be on me to get her down and that has me a little worried.  I hope it's just a phase.  For now I do cherish the time we spend snuggled up before going to sleep.  These days are short lived.  But even still I'd like to feel comfortable knowing that someone else can put her to sleep if for some reason I wasn't around.

No comments:

Post a Comment