Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Goals and Points

I have to admit I actually typed my first entry days ago, maybe even over a week ago...  I tried to stock up entries so I could publish something every day even if things were too busy to keep up the blog.  Things are even tougher than that.  Basically by the time the kids are asleep I've lost most motivation to do anything but sit on the couch and veg out.

Last night was a great example.  Our son only took an hour and twenty minute nap when he usually naps 3 hours.  He seemed chipper when he woke up so I didn't push him going back to sleep.  Plus, I really couldn't.  I had to hold our two month old daughter because she had her check-up today and got four vaccines, three shots in the thighs and one oral.  The poor thing is extra cranky but extra tired so holding her most of the day was the only solution.  Anyway, the lack of nap really catches up to the boy after dinner is done.  Getting out of the bath is a struggle.  He refuses to brush his teeth.  He gets hysterical with Daddy and asks for Mommy only to perform the same routine with me.  Both kids are then crying and the parents are about to lose it and then...  I snap out of it.  I take the poor baby to our room to nurse and let Daddy deal with the boy.  Somehow we get both kids in bed, after the girl wakes up a couple times and finally settles down.  It's really enough to make someone crazy, and yet, it's the typical night in so many households with children.

I really like blogging though, and I really want to keep it going even if things are nuts.  I have tons of ideas of things I want to write about, I just need the time to do it.  So here we go again.

I'm going to start with entries about how things compare between caring for our two children.  Some products and techniques are the same and yet some new discoveries have made our time with our daughter a little easier.  Maybe some of the lessons I've learned can help others.  We'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment