Search This Blog

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Box Building...

I made my husband drag down my storage containers of clothing, from newborn to 12 month sizes, as well as my infant toys.  I have three containers of toys not in use...  This was all so I could build my first boxes to swap on ThredUp.  You be the judge if I actually made progress, but it feels good to be getting rid of some of the excess we have around here.

First I separated the clothes into four piles:
Clothes that would work fine for a baby girl to keep
Clothes that have sentimental value we could pass on to my sister
Clothes for the swap
Clothes with stains or that were in worse condition that I could give away to Goodwill

Then I took the clothes I wanted to swap and put them in piles based on sizes.  I was able to segment these items into three boxes of 15-18 items each.  I wanted to give some blankets and other things away so those were included as added bonuses.  The minimum number of items per box is 10, so I could have technically made 4 boxes, but really I wanted my boxes to be full and well stocked.  I'm hoping for a good rating out the gate!

I made lists of my items in Excel so I could sort and categorize the boxes.  This worked great because when it came time to build the box on the ThredUp website, I could just copy and paste the cells and all the info and descriptions were ready to go.  I also created a Flickr account so I could upload pictures of the boxes to include in my box description.  While I personally picked my first box without photos (and I think that's part of the excitement of the swap) it's easy enough to include so I went with it.

If you have a ThredUp account and you read this in the next few days, check out my offerings!  I'm hoping someone grabs these up quick!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/59445909@N04/5440311135/in/photostream/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/59445909@N04/5440357077/in/photostream/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/59445909@N04/5440382909/in/photostream/

No comments:

Post a Comment