Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Packing...

I had my 35 week doctors appointment this week for the usual check up.  I have been experiencing a number of Braxton Hicks contractions over the past week or so.  While this is normal, I do think that these are more frequent and intense than they were with my son.  In any case, we were informed that at this point there would be no intervention if I went into labor.  I'm almost full term.  She asked us if we had the bag packed.  We said no, both feeling like it may be a little early?  It would be a good idea to have our bag packed we were told.

So tonight I started to get things together.  I could technically run out the door with what I have packed, although there are a few details I'd like to get in order if I have time.  For now my bag holds the following:

3 pairs of underwear I don't care about
2 nursing bras
2 pairs of nursing pads
Nipple shield
2 pairs of socks, one fleece fuzzy pair and one normal
2 pairs of pants, one leggings and one pj pant
3 teeshirts
1 hooded sweatshirt that has a low v-neck
Q-tips
Saline solution and a contact case
Toothbrush
Comb
Face wash
Lotion
1 soft burp cloth
1 fuzzy blanket

Things I still need to get prepared include:

Comfy shoes or slippers
Magazines
A take-home outfit for the baby girl
Infant car seat cleaned and outfitted with padded insert

I will probably head to the hospital in some comfy shoes so I'm not that concerned about packing those.  Some day next week I'll head to a bookstore and pick up some magazines and try not to read them before getting to the hospital.  Then hopefully this weekend I'll put the car seat on my "honey do" list.

Now the take-home outfit is something that is important but probably won't be ready for a while.  We took our son home in this adorable bear on-piece suit.  It was actually a gift from a coworker, but the second I saw it I knew that's what I wanted to use.  One option is to use the same suit but I personally want each baby to have their own special outfit.  If that really is the case we don't have the item for the girl yet.  There are a couple chances to receive gifts, and there's also time to shop.  Honestly I've purchased so little in the way of clothing, and yet the girl's closet is almost full.  I'll keep you posted with what we come up with!

No comments:

Post a Comment