Search This Blog

Monday, February 14, 2011

Swapping (Update)...

Ever since listing my boxes I've been intently watching my email inbox, waiting for the exciting moment when I would hear one of my boxes had been chosen.  Well, this morning was that moment!  My box of 9 to 12 month sized clothing was selected and will be going to live with a lovely family in Ohio.  It makes sense to me that this one would be the first picked since it clothes that were the largest sizes.  Typically you receive so many items at showers for a younger baby (hence why I had so many to give away) and by the time they've grown out of them they've hardly worn them at all.  My 9 to 12 month box also had the most items in it.  It did contain one shirt that had a couple stains on it, which was something that concerned me.  The shirt came with this pair of brown pants that as a coordinating outfit were absolutely adorable, so I felt like I needed to include it.  I just put a note on my listing that explained the situation and tried to make it as obvious as possible.  I also added a handwritten apology on my packing slip when I prepared the box for shipping this morning.

Once I got the email that my box was picked, I went on the website and printed out the packing slip and shipping label.  The sender's address is kept confidential, but of course since the box goes directly from the sender to the recipient, you can see the recipient's address.  You have to assume that everyone who participates in this swap is honest and well intentioned, but any risk really lies with the person ordering the box.

The pick up will be tomorrow.  Then it takes a few days to get there.  I hope I get a good rating!

1 comment:

  1. You're adorable! That is all I can say! Well that and I really enjoy your little blog and Im not even a mom! I am sharing ideas with moms that are friends tho and hopefully some of them will start following you too! YAY!!

    ReplyDelete