Search This Blog

Monday, February 7, 2011

Reviewing (EcoBumz AIO)...

As I mentioned in my Stashing post, I recently ordered another couple EcoBumz diapers.  They arrived today!  Previously I had only one, in the Size 2, for my son.  This time I bought another Size 2 in aqua and a Size 1 for the new baby in white.  I also got a second one to give to my sister at her baby shower, that's how much I love this diaper!  The price could not be beat for an AIO (all-in-one) at only $12 a pop.

The diaper is one piece, but it also comes with an extra insert for added absorption.  This can be stuffed in the pocket in the back of the diaper.

The outside is a sort of shiny materiala recycled polyester polyurethane laminate, which makes the look of this diaper truly unique.  It comes in snaps and in aplix.  Aplix is essentially like Velcro.  Personally I prefer aplix diapers because they can be fastened at any length and allow for a truly customizable size.  The inside contains a top layer of organic bamboo velour over four layers of an organic cotton/hemp blend.  The insert is another three layers of bamboo/cotton.  

The company claims that this diaper can absorb up to two cups of liquid.  I wouldn't doubt it.  While my other AIO couldn't handle a night without leaking, this diaper has never failed.  It's also a great diaper to use when we're taking a long car trip.  I think this is the combo of the absorbent materials as well as the reliable cover.  I also love how soft it feels, and how in the 2 months or so I've been using this diaper, it has held up this comfy texture.  

The only improvement that I feel could be made with this diaper is in the aplix design.  In other aplix diapers, there is an extra strip of the material inside the diaper where you can fold back the tabs so they don't stick to other diapers or to their soft insides (see example on left).  This also allows the diaper to open wide when it's being washed.  This diaper has to be fastened in the front and then turned inside out when you wash it.  Really it's a small price to pay for such a great diaper overall.




No comments:

Post a Comment